Installation

developer License related

vigneshma

Hi All,

After renewed developer licence still i am facing the below issue.

Error in 'litsearch' command: Your Splunk license expired or you have exceeded your license limit too many times. Renew your Splunk license by visiting www.splunk.com/store or calling 866.GET.SPLUNK.
The search job has failed due to an error. You may be able view the job in the Job Inspector.

Steps I have followed.
1. updated shared license xml file.
2. cleaned index data
3. restarted splunk.

Tags (1)
0 Karma

thellmann
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

In order to resolve this issue, you'll need to get a License Warnings Reset Key. For 10GB Developer licenses and 50GB Dev/Test licenses, you can reach out to devinfo@Splunk.com to get one of these keys. Once you receive it, apply it like any other Splunk Enterprise license in order to resolve your issue.

nickhills
Ultra Champion

If you exceeded your licence volume (ie indexed more data than your dev licence allows) and this has happened more than 5 times in 30 days, your licence will have been 'blocked'.

In this case, you don't need to renew it, but you need to contact support to obtain an unlock key, which will restore search.

You should be prepared to answer why/how this happened - most dev licences are 10GB and if you are ingesting more than this on a daily basis, you may be asked to demonstrate that this is genuine development use.

If my comment helps, please give it a thumbs up!
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...