Installation

Why am I getting an error installing Splunk on Mac OS High Sierra 10.13, even after adding OPTIMISTIC?

ZeinaIbrahim7
Engager

Can someone please help me fix this issue. I am trying to install Splunk on my Mac OS High Sierra 10.13 but have been getting this:

homePath='/Applications/Splunk/var/lib/splunk/audit/db' of index=_audit on unusable filesystem.

Validating databases (splunkd validatedb) failed with code '1'. If you cannot resolve the issue(s) above after consulting documentation, please file a case online at http://www.splunk.com/page/submit_issue

I have tried to append OPTIMISTIC_ABOUT_FILE_LOCKING = 1to the splunk-launch.conf but it doesn't seem to make a difference.

Can someone please help?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Labels (1)

skoelpin
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I've been running Splunk on Mac for years with no issues.

This may help.. I would run it in a test environment first before applying in production

https://answers.splunk.com/answers/585512/importerror-symbol-not-found-inflatevalidate-when.html

0 Karma

ZeinaIbrahim7
Engager

Hi,
Thanks for your answer. I tried running the sudo commands as suggested in your link and I get this message:
rm: /opt/splunk/lib/libz.1.dylib: No such file or directory

This is strange because I can see the file libs.1.dylib but it still says that it doesn't exist.
Running out of ideas about how to fix this and start using Splunk...

0 Karma

skoelpin
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Your Splunk home path is under /Applications/Splunk/ and you are trying under /opt/splunk. Change your directory to hit your home path

0 Karma

skoelpin
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Did this work for you? @ZeinaIbrahim7

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...