Installation

Warning Error Post Installing Splunk Universal Forwarder 9.0.3 version in Client Machine

anandhalagaras1
Communicator

Hi Team,

I have downloaded the 9.0.3 UF version Windows 64 bit and installed the Splunk UF in my Microsoft Windows server 2016 Data Center and started the services. Post which when i have try to check the Splunk status or do a restart of Splunk UF i am getting an warning message as below in the cmd prompt. So how to overcome this one.

Warning: overriding %SPLUNK_HOME% setting in environment ("C:\Program Files\SplunkUniversalForwarder\bin\") with "C:\Program Files\SplunkUniversalForwarder". If this is not correct, edit C:\Program Files\SplunkUniversalForwarder\etc\splunk-launch.conf

When i checked the Splunk-launch.conf file i can see as below:

# SPLUNK_HOME=C:\Program Files\SplunkUniversalForwarder

And when i hit the %SPLUNK_HOME% in run it directly navigating to below directory 

C:\Program Files\SplunkUniversalForwarder\bin

And when i checked the environment variables i can see

SPLUNK_HOME as been set as C:\Program Files\SplunkUniversalForwarder\bin sohow to get rid of warning.

Labels (2)
0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @anandhalagaras1,

the  C:\Program Files\SplunkUniversalForwarder\bin folder isn't correct as SPLUNK_HOME, is there any pre-existent installation?

anyway, as hinted, change the splunk-launch.conf SPLUNK-HOE in C:\Program Files\SplunkUniversalForwarder\

and restart the forwarder.

Ciao.

Giuseppe

0 Karma

anandhalagaras1
Communicator

Can anyone kindly help on my request please.

0 Karma

anandhalagaras1
Communicator

@gcusello Can you kindly help on my requirement please.

0 Karma

anandhalagaras1
Communicator

@gcusello Can you help me on this as well.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...