Installation

Validation failed. - Splunk Light

ukjimbow

I am currently trying to reset my Splunk Light instance as my pool has been exceeded to many times and I am also below the cap for the free license.

I have spoken with an account manager who has sent me several license keys to fix this however when I input the XML for these keys I'm receiving an error of: "Validation failed. Please double check your license file."

Does anyone have any ideas?

Splunk Version: Splunk Light Free Version 6.5.1

alt text

Labels (1)
0 Karma

rbittner_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Sorry to hear about your issue. Can you provide a snapshot of what happened? Were you running in trial mode that then expired causing you to go over the ingestion limit? The reason I am asking is that it will help me figure out the right solution.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...