Installation

Splunk is not launching post installation on MacOS , ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'splunk' error

kumarviv
Explorer

I did the installation as suggested of the installation page (https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/SplunkLight/7.3.5/Installation/InstallonMacOSX) but when I launch the GUI it is throwing this error :

File "/Applications/Splunk/lib/python3.7/site-packages/splunk/clilib/cli.py", line 24, in
import splunk.clilib.cli_common as comm
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'splunk'

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Karma
1 Solution

PavelP
Motivator

Hello @kumarviv,

You get this error because splunklight 7.3.5 was build for python 2.7 only and AFAIK not compatible with python 3.7. There is not such path "$SPLUNK_HOME/lib/python3.7/" in splunklight.

Try following:

1. stop splunk process if any is running
  2. remove/deinstall splunklight
  3. delete /Application/Splunk folder
  4. reboot
  5. install splunklight with default parameters, do not change anything (path etc.)

Let me know if it worked for you.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

PavelP
Motivator

Hello @kumarviv,

You get this error because splunklight 7.3.5 was build for python 2.7 only and AFAIK not compatible with python 3.7. There is not such path "$SPLUNK_HOME/lib/python3.7/" in splunklight.

Try following:

1. stop splunk process if any is running
  2. remove/deinstall splunklight
  3. delete /Application/Splunk folder
  4. reboot
  5. install splunklight with default parameters, do not change anything (path etc.)

Let me know if it worked for you.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Database Performance Sidebar Panel Now on APM Database Query Performance & Service ...

We’ve streamlined the troubleshooting experience for database-related service issues by adding a database ...

IM Landing Page Filter - Now Available

We’ve added the capability for you to filter across the summary details on the main Infrastructure Monitoring ...

Dynamic Links from Alerts to IM Navigators - New in Observability Cloud

Splunk continues to improve the troubleshooting experience in Observability Cloud with this latest enhancement ...