Installation

Splunk Developer License Question

fzuazo
Path Finder

Greetings Splunk Community & Mods,

I have a question about the Splunk Dev License.

A little more than a year and a half ago I requested and was granted a dev license using my personal email and Splunk account but that has since expired. I recently requested a new Splunk dev license and received an email explaining that my request was denied due to an inability to verify my eligibility, has something changed ?

Thanks all !

Labels (1)
0 Karma

thellmann
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

I suspect you were rejected when requesting a 50GB Dev/Test license using this link: https://splunk.com/dev-test

These licenses are only available to users who are associated with an account with a paid Splunk Enterprise or Splunk Cloud entitlement. The license approval process for 50GB Dev/Test licenses is completely automated, so if you feel this rejection was in error, you'll need to contact your Splunk sales representative.

The 10GB Developer license (available here: https://dev.splunk.com/enterprise/dev_license ) is available to everyone for non-production use - it doesn't have the same restriction as I suspect led to your rejection previously. Licenses are typically approved within 2-3 business days, but if you haven't heard back by then, please contact us at devinfo@splunk.com

Amandeepsin

I think developer license is only for 6 months and will be provided to one individual only once

0 Karma

fzuazo
Path Finder

I believe this is incorrect as others routinely renew their developer licenses.

0 Karma

Amandeepsin

Yeah!! but that is for on-premises. For AWS you have pay after six months

https://www.splunk.com/en_us/resources/personalized-dev-test-licenses/faq.html

0 Karma

fzuazo
Path Finder

Never really mentioned which platform this was on.

I’m hoping someone from Splunk can chime with some insight.

0 Karma

fzuazo
Path Finder

Hoping someone can chime in and provide some insight on this !

Thanks all.

0 Karma

skoelpin
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Does your Splunk account have your work email which purchased a Splunk license?

0 Karma

fzuazo
Path Finder

No, my Splunk account is using my own personal email account.

My employer has indeed purchased Splunk but my employer email is not linked to my Splunk account.

0 Karma

rita201
Loves-to-Learn

Please i have requested for a splunk dev license. I implemented a Splunk license master, now i want to leverage this license by converted the other components to be slave. But its not working out can some one work me through this?

0 Karma

diogofgm
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

You can request a dev license even if you did not purchase a splunk license.

------------
Hope I was able to help you. If so, some karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma

skoelpin
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I ran into the same issue as OP by having my Splunk acct set to my personal gmail and not receiving the license. I assumed you didn't have to be a customer either until I updated my account with my work email and got the lic

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...