Installation

Re-Installation Problems.

mcertini

I initially downloaded a copy of Splunk, installed the program successfully and the free version of the program expired. After the program expired I noted that the Splunkd and Splunkweb programs were no longer installed. I have tried to re-install the program with a more current version of the program hoping that the installer will install these missing programs. I have not been successfull. Does anyone know how I can get these two programs installed? I will then proceed to change the licensing so that I will no longer have problems.

0 Karma
1 Solution

Genti
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

What OS are you on?
Also, splunkd and splunkweb are not separate programs/installs, they only are separate processes. Are you saying that you do not see splunk installed (say if your on windows on your add/remove programs)? Or are you saying that you do not see the services running (again assuming you are on windows)?

Did you try a clean install, ie. totally uninstalling the current splunk version that is installed on your box and cleaning up all splunk related directories (be careful if you actually care about the data indexed) and then installing splunk clean?

If you offer some more details to you question you will be getting more concrete and to-the-point answers...

Cheers

View solution in original post

0 Karma

Genti
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

What OS are you on?
Also, splunkd and splunkweb are not separate programs/installs, they only are separate processes. Are you saying that you do not see splunk installed (say if your on windows on your add/remove programs)? Or are you saying that you do not see the services running (again assuming you are on windows)?

Did you try a clean install, ie. totally uninstalling the current splunk version that is installed on your box and cleaning up all splunk related directories (be careful if you actually care about the data indexed) and then installing splunk clean?

If you offer some more details to you question you will be getting more concrete and to-the-point answers...

Cheers

0 Karma

mcertini

Thank you for your response. I am working on a Windows Vista PC. The program is installed with all of it's proper directories though I do not see splunkd or splunkweb listed in my Administrative Tools/Services. Splunk is listed in my Programs and Features in control panel. It is also listed in my programs window though when I click on the program to execute the program nothing happens. I would like to keep the history if that is possible. Is it possible to save that particular file and then append the records into a new install?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...