Installation

License question

bell_security_i

Hello, we purchased a Splunk Enterprise license through a retailer who obtained a quote directly from Splunk and I am wondering how long it takes Splunk to generate a license and pass it to the retailer so they can pass it to us.

I tried to call Splunk and ask but since my old license is already expired, they will not talk to me at all.
Why does it take a week or longer to generate a license? What alternatives are available besides Splunk?

Labels (1)
0 Karma

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

This kind of thing should be turned around in a day. Fire your partner and get a new one.

0 Karma

bell_security_i

Please read my first comment. We renewed our contract BEFORE the old one expired, but Splunk messed up on getting it issued, then when I called to figure out the problem, they would not talk to me!

0 Karma

bell_security_i

Thank you for your response but I have to disagree with you. I asked my re-seller what happened and they said Splunk claims it emailed the license to us on October 1st, but they really did not, and my re-seller had to work with Splunk to get the license "re-sent". I finally received the license late Friday October 11 (after we left for the day), with the expiration time adjusted to the day before so we actually lost 4 days of use for the license that we paid for since we will not get it installed until Monday. It's very disheartening that Splunk will not talk to me at all when my support expires, even if it's to figure out why I haven't received the new support contract yet.

Don't automatically assume "we have a very bad partner that we should fire and get a new one". Maybe I should fire Splunk.

0 Karma

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

Well, if your support contract is also expired, then that is a whole other matter (but you did not say that at first).

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi bell_security_isso,
Splunk uses resellers so this is the only way for quotations and orders.
The only hint I can give you is to contact your Splunk Channel Manager to have higher priority.

Bye.
Giuseppe

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

Splunk is officially part of Cisco

Revolutionizing how our customers build resilience across their entire digital footprint.   Splunk ...

Splunk APM & RUM | Planned Maintenance March 26 - March 28, 2024

There will be planned maintenance for Splunk APM and RUM between March 26, 2024 and March 28, 2024 as ...