Installation

Installation package not supported by processor?

sahil_singh
Explorer

Hi,

I have downloaded and tried to install Splunk into my system and I received the response that THIS INSTALLATION PACKAGE is not supported by the processor and I need to contact the vendor. I have tried to install it in other systems too but there is the same response.

I checked minimum hardware requirements and mine is well above those my processor is dual-core.

Is there some problem with the download package? If not so then, could you guide me so that I could contact the customer support via email?

Labels (1)
0 Karma

msclimenti
Engager

In my instance, the error was displayed because I was trying to install the 64-Bit version of the Universal Forwarder on a 32-Bit version of Windows Server 2008.

0 Karma

Drainy
Champion

As @jbsplunk posted above it would be great to have more detail, such as the version you are downloading, bit type etc. Chances are you're getting the wrong version of 32/64 package. Otherwise try downloading it again on another system, your connection may have caused parts of the package to drop

0 Karma

sahil_singh
Explorer

Hi, splunks is running in Linux ubuntu 10.04 version. Thanks for your help.

0 Karma

sahil_singh
Explorer

Hi, the installation is done and there was no downloading problem in Ubuntu 10.04 version but while running splunk as per the provided

commands /opt/splunk/bin/splunk start.

When this command is run and upon agreeing with the license the result is coming out as

WARNING :cannot create "/opt/splunk/etc/license/enterprise"

what needs to be done ?

0 Karma

Drainy
Champion

What happens if you try the wget link for the Linux download (I believe it shows if you click on the download Link) and download it that way onto the Ubuntu machine? Also, when replying just click the "Add Comment" button to follow on from this thread 🙂 Saves me converting your answer to a comment each time

0 Karma

sahil_singh
Explorer

yes we have downloaded it many times and every-time there is same response.

Is it got to do with the servers of certain region ?

0 Karma

Drainy
Champion

I just tested the windows packages and they download and install correctly. Did you try downloading it again on another system? It sounds more like a connection issue either on the machine or lan, that being said there have been a few comments like this recently, perhaps the Splunk server isn't as forgiving as it could be

0 Karma

sahil_singh
Explorer

The two available in the following link for windows. http://www.splunk.com/download?r=header

we are using .deb for Ubuntu 11.10

We were also trying to install and run splunk for windows the free version which I think is .msi .This one is causing the major problem as till now we have tried it on many machines with varying hardware and even tried in virtual box, still it is not working for us.

0 Karma

MarioM
Motivator

which package did you try? .deb or tar.gz? as well Ubuntu 12 is beta...did you try with 11.10?

0 Karma

sahil_singh
Explorer

For windows 64 bit :
It saying installation package not supported by processor type contact vendor.

for windows 32 bit: This installation package could not be opened.Contact the application vendor to verify that this is a valid windows installer package.

In both it is not getting installed.

We are having problem installing and running it in ubuntu 12 version too. I would have attached a screenshot each but there seems to be no provision for uploading files from computer here.

0 Karma

sahil_singh
Explorer

there seems to problem with the installation it is not running properly.. after downloading..

0 Karma

jbsplunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

It would be good if you could tell us which package you're installing, and what the affected Platform. It would also be useful to include more specifics about the hardware you're trying to use.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...