Issue: Citrix servers keep generating new GUID on reboot.
I followed these steps from Splunk docs for installing Splunk on imaging software.
On the Imaging Server
1. msiexec /i <executable> GENRANDOMPASSWORD=1 AGREETOLICENSE=yes LAUNCHSPLUNK=0 /quiet
2. Copied over deployment server app
3. Copied over splunk.secret
4. Removed sslPassword from server.conf. (Even not starting splunk it would still generate a password in server.conf and splunk wouldn't start when an old password is set with the new splunk.secret)
5. splunk.exe clone-pre-clear-config
On the new system
1. A task was created to restart splunk.
1. new system checks in with correct hostname, ip and guid
2. on reboots system keeps generating new guid in deployment server