Installation

IP Reputation threatscore not working.

prithvi08
Engager

Hi,

I have installed application correctly. but i still don't get the threatscore displayed. I have added the key to file scorelookup.py at /ipreputation/bin/scorelookup.py and restarted splunk. still not working.

sample query tried: index="test" dest_port=80 | stats count by src_ip dst_ip | lookup threatscore clientip AS dst_ip | sort -threatscore

i have even tried with the sample IPs given in scorelookup.py (14.139.155.194) for which i should be getting a score of 35. but its displayed as 0. Pls advice

0 Karma

p_gurav
Champion
0 Karma

prithvi08
Engager

Hi
Thank you of the link,since the post was from 4 years ago,i believe the app works different now. It works on tag=network. i use it only on data that is required, i get the threatscore field, but the scores are displayed as zero. i know atleast some ip should have a score > 0. because i checked the same directly on the website which had given me a score more than 0.

0 Karma

mayurr98
Super Champion
0 Karma

prithvi08
Engager

The reason i tried to manually search is because i dint get any results in application dashboard, even after applying filters. its basically a manual search that's running behind the visualisation,so it should have worked in manual search as well. the search query in the question was indeed taken from the application's dashboard.Thanks though. but it dint answer my question.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...