Installation

How to migrate data from a 6.2.0 Splunk instance to a new instance on 6.4.1?

ameslet
Explorer

Hi guys,

I have to migrate the data from a Splunk instance (Version 6.2.0) to an another one (Version 6.4.1). Thus, I was wondering if I had to upgrade the old Splunk instance first and then migrate it to the new one, or can I just copy the SPLUNK_HOME directory in the new instance and install the last version?
Regarding the upgrade, does the upgrade imply the loss of every Splunk's data?
Besides, does anybody know the process to upgrade Splunk Enterprise from a version to another one?

Thanks in advance for your advice.

Alex

Labels (1)
0 Karma

renjith_nair
Legend

ameslet
Explorer

THanks for your answer, Does that mean I can copy the whole Splunk directory from my old intance and copy it on the Virtual Machine I will install the latest version of Splunk afterwards ?

0 Karma

ddrillic
Ultra Champion

The whole idea is that the upgrade is done by installing the new version "on top" of the existing one.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...