Installation

How do I migrate a Splunk indexer cluster to new hardware (RHEL 6 to RHEL 7)?

gregbo
Communicator

I have a Splunk cluster of 1 Search Head, 1 Index Master, and 2 Indexers in a cluster. I need to move all 4 to new hardware. What's the best way to do this?

Labels (2)
0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

To move the SH and CM, follow the instructions at https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/8.0.3/Installation/MigrateaSplunkinstance. Once moved, you may need to update your configurations to point to the new locations.

Install indexers on the new hardware and add them to your cluster. Put the old indexers into detention so they don't receive new data or replicated buckets.

Take down one old indexer using splunk offline --enforce-counts. Wait for all buckets to migrate to other indexers and for the old indexer to stop. Repeat with the other indexer.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...