Installation

How can I ask for a dev licence with multiple users ?

emallinger
Communicator

Hello everyone,

Please help me in my search.

In a non production environment I inherited, there was a licence that expired this week.

There was multiple users declared in that environment.

So, I asked for a dev licence in my name, but the new licence is way too generous for indexing capacity (I definitely do not need 50Gb per day) and deleted all my existing users except admin.

Do you have any suggestion ? It doesn't seem you can ask for any options in a dev licence...

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

emallinger

Labels (1)
Tags (4)
0 Karma
1 Solution

emallinger
Communicator

Hello,

After some more research, I finally obtain a new license from our sales/contact rep.

We still have to discuss the right process to obtain a license non production with options different from the standard dev/test one.

A new function was opened to me in the support portal as well : one I didn't have access to nor knew existed.

Thanks for your help and suggestions.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi

here is described all current licenses. https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/8.0.5/Admin/TypesofSplunklicenses

Probably best option is use this environment as license slave and connect it to your current license master. If you want restrict size of used license in this environment then you should add new license pool to your current LM.

r. Ismo

0 Karma

emallinger
Communicator

Hello,

Yes, true.

Unfortunately, that won't be possible here due to network & security rules that separates production and non production environment.

Regards,

0 Karma

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Then you could ask from splunk that they split your current license to separate files and move one ore more to this environment. 
r. Ismo

0 Karma

emallinger
Communicator

Thanks,

That is not my prefered solution as it decreases my indexation capacity. This could be a viable solution anyway.

Regards,

0 Karma

emallinger
Communicator

Hello,

After some more research, I finally obtain a new license from our sales/contact rep.

We still have to discuss the right process to obtain a license non production with options different from the standard dev/test one.

A new function was opened to me in the support portal as well : one I didn't have access to nor knew existed.

Thanks for your help and suggestions.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...

New in Observability Cloud - Explicit Bucket Histograms

Splunk introduces native support for histograms as a metric data type within Observability Cloud with Explicit ...