Installation

Getting error when trying to install Splunk.

tvzaharova

enter code hereHelp solve the problem. I can't install Splunk. During the installation, a message is displayed: Splunk Installer was unable to launch Splunk's Pre Flight Checks.
Error Code: 1

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Karma

chimell
Motivator

try this
Open the splunkd service and check the Log On tab. Is the service running as the local system or a user?

If your are running as a user, then review this from the Installation Manual:

Important: If you choose to run Splunk as another user, that user must:

•Be a member of an Active Directory domain (you cannot install Splunk as a local machine account other than the Local System account)
•Have local administrator privileges on the machine which you are performing the installation, and
•Have specific user rights, and other additional permissions, depending on the kinds of data you want to collect from remote machines.

0 Karma

prateek89khande

Open Cmd Prompt in Admin mode,go to dir where msi is kept, and run following cmd :
msiexec /a

0 Karma

prateek89khande

for example msiexec /a splunk-6.1.1-207789-x64-release.msi

0 Karma

tvzaharova

I use a version of splunk-6.0-182037-x64-release.msi as administrator.

0 Karma

tvzaharova

0 Karma

tvzaharova

0 Karma

alacercogitatus
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Check that you have sufficient permissions to install to your location. Are you using the tgz or the rpm/deb?

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...