Installation

Dashboard Release Management

auzark
Communicator

I have multiple Dashboards that I have cloned to make changes. 

What is the best method to rename the existing dashboards out to old and rename the new dashboards in?

1)rename the current to old

2)rename the new to current.

or do I have to do the below.

1)clone the current to old

2)delete current

3) clone the new into current

4) delete the new

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @auzark ,

the main issue is that the app menu and the drilldown urls point to the name of a dashboard (not to the title as reports), so, if you clone a dashboard you have to modify all pointing urls.

So, my hint is to clone the current dashboard to <dashboard_name>_old (to save the old version) and then modify the current one, so you don't need to modify urls.

Ciao.

Giuseppe

View solution in original post

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @auzark ,

the main issue is that the app menu and the drilldown urls point to the name of a dashboard (not to the title as reports), so, if you clone a dashboard you have to modify all pointing urls.

So, my hint is to clone the current dashboard to <dashboard_name>_old (to save the old version) and then modify the current one, so you don't need to modify urls.

Ciao.

Giuseppe

auzark
Communicator

Grazie,  Giuseppe

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...

New Articles from Academic Learning Partners, Help Expand Lantern’s Use Case Library, ...

Splunk Lantern is a Splunk customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...

Your Guide to SPL2 at .conf24!

So, you’re headed to .conf24? You’re in for a good time. Las Vegas weather is just *chef’s kiss* beautiful in ...