Installation

Dashboard Release Management

auzark
Communicator

I have multiple Dashboards that I have cloned to make changes. 

What is the best method to rename the existing dashboards out to old and rename the new dashboards in?

1)rename the current to old

2)rename the new to current.

or do I have to do the below.

1)clone the current to old

2)delete current

3) clone the new into current

4) delete the new

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @auzark ,

the main issue is that the app menu and the drilldown urls point to the name of a dashboard (not to the title as reports), so, if you clone a dashboard you have to modify all pointing urls.

So, my hint is to clone the current dashboard to <dashboard_name>_old (to save the old version) and then modify the current one, so you don't need to modify urls.

Ciao.

Giuseppe

View solution in original post

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @auzark ,

the main issue is that the app menu and the drilldown urls point to the name of a dashboard (not to the title as reports), so, if you clone a dashboard you have to modify all pointing urls.

So, my hint is to clone the current dashboard to <dashboard_name>_old (to save the old version) and then modify the current one, so you don't need to modify urls.

Ciao.

Giuseppe

auzark
Communicator

Grazie,  Giuseppe

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge!

Welcome to Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...

Get the T-shirt to Prove You Survived Splunk University Bootcamp

As if Splunk University, in Las Vegas, in-person, with three days of bootcamps and labs weren’t enough, now ...

Wondering How to Build Resiliency in the Cloud?

IT leaders are choosing Splunk Cloud as an ideal cloud transformation platform to drive business resilience,  ...