Installation

Both OSX Splunk installers fail

eyeLikeCarrots

Downloaded the latest splunk installers. Didn't get past unarchiving,

DMG installer failed with "The following disc images couldn't be opened: Reason: not recognised"
Tarball installer - Archive utility: Error 1 Operating not permitted.

Running at root on 10.6.8 fully patched.

Tags (3)
0 Karma

eyeLikeCarrots

Ok - thanks to the advice of gkanapathy I was able to get it installed after downloading the installer for OSX with wget and the md5 matched.

Thankyou very much

0 Karma

gkanapathy
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

You should probably download again, check your connection, and verify the downloads with the md5. A link to get the md5 file will be on the post-download web page.

eyeLikeCarrots

Thankyou gkanapathy, the md5 of the file I downloaded does indeed appear to be incorrect

I used Chrome to download it but I am confused as to why I am not getting the correct file. This is the first time I have had a problem with a downloaded file not matching md5

I will try a different browser or perhaps wget or ftp

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...