Installation

After upgrading, Web behave erratically such as not fully loading pages and displaying

dinesh_amilinen

Hello,

We upgraded to Splunk 7.1.1 and The web interface behaves randomly. Really randomly:
- It tells me I have unsupported browser
- It lets me log in normally or it loads a page correctly
- It does not loads pages or icons
- It is not accessible at all

I am accessing it through WAN link so the connection may be slow. I tried to remove the DB connect and it did not help. It is fresh installation -- no upgrade. I need the web to configure DB connect :(.

The only line found in logs:
06-06-2017 11:21:15.827 -0400 WARN HttpListener - Socket error from while idling: Read Timeout

Some screen shots:

alt text

Tags (1)
0 Karma

vinkumar_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Check and confirm if you're using chrome latest version.
Also, have you tried with other browsers? Like Firefox

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Please clarify. You said you upgraded, but then you said it's a fresh installation. Which is correct?
If you upgraded, what version did you upgrade from?
Which browser are you using? Did you try a different browser?
Is there a proxy server or load balancer between you and Splunk?

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma

dinesh_amilinen

It is a upgrade, After the upgrade from 6.2.2 to 7.1.1 using a tar file on linux machine
I am using Chrome
No there is no load balancer or proxy server

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...