Installation

After creating an add-on/app for a specific technology/company, how to I publish it to Splunkbase?

SudarshanS
Explorer

Hi,

I already have a developer license and i created an app/add-on for "XYZ" company. I haven't pushed the add-on to Splunkbase. Now my "XYZ" company want to push it to Splunkbase. Is the procedure is different for releasing an app/add-on? How can i transfer ownership of my add-on to that company so they can maintain it in Splunkbase? Don't want to mess around with license.

Thanks for your valuable time and reply.

Labels (3)

alacercogitatus
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

@SudarshanS, The procedure is the same for an app or an add-on. Just follow the online guides. Transferring ownership is basically a legal agreement between you and the company that says "You own this now", and could be as simple as an email with the app/add-on attached. The license you used (developer) to build the app/add-on does not transfer with the intellectual property. An end-user will need their own Splunk license, so you don't have to worry about that. Once you hand over the app/add-on to XYZ company, they can create a splunkbase account and upload the app to maintain it.

skalliger
Motivator

Hi,

read these articles for how to make your app Splunkbase-compliant:
http://dev.splunk.com/view/webframework-developapps/SP-CAAAEMY and
http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunkbase/splunkbase/Splunkbase/Aboutsubmittingcontent

Have a nice weekend.
Skalli

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...