Installation

After creating an add-on/app for a specific technology/company, how to I publish it to Splunkbase?

SudarshanS
Explorer

Hi,

I already have a developer license and i created an app/add-on for "XYZ" company. I haven't pushed the add-on to Splunkbase. Now my "XYZ" company want to push it to Splunkbase. Is the procedure is different for releasing an app/add-on? How can i transfer ownership of my add-on to that company so they can maintain it in Splunkbase? Don't want to mess around with license.

Thanks for your valuable time and reply.

Labels (3)

alacercogitatus
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

@SudarshanS, The procedure is the same for an app or an add-on. Just follow the online guides. Transferring ownership is basically a legal agreement between you and the company that says "You own this now", and could be as simple as an email with the app/add-on attached. The license you used (developer) to build the app/add-on does not transfer with the intellectual property. An end-user will need their own Splunk license, so you don't have to worry about that. Once you hand over the app/add-on to XYZ company, they can create a splunkbase account and upload the app to maintain it.

skalliger
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi,

read these articles for how to make your app Splunkbase-compliant:
http://dev.splunk.com/view/webframework-developapps/SP-CAAAEMY and
http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunkbase/splunkbase/Splunkbase/Aboutsubmittingcontent

Have a nice weekend.
Skalli

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...