Getting Data In

time range customization

Explorer

I have an xml file. Over which i m performing searches. the result i m getting is in this form

Text                                                     Date
1       Application: AVA failed        2014-01-24 14:21:53.50
                   Application: AVA started     2014-01-24 14:49:20.54

2          Application: AVA failed        2014-01-24 14:05:38.51
                  Application: AVA started  2014-01-24 14:20:17.71

3          Application: AVA failed       2014-01-24 14:04:42.00
                  Application: AVA started  2014-01-24 14:05:34.74

in this Application: AVA failed and Application: AVA started should be counted as 1 event if the difference between their occurrence time is 3 min. How can we evaluate the the time difference and how can we extract the minutes from the Date field?

any sort of help over this welcome.....Thanks in advance.

Tags (3)
0 Karma
1 Solution

Explorer

These are three events. Each event gives two things the start text and the failed text.

For this result i have used the following query

sourcetype=test| transaction startswith="Application: AVA started" AND endswith="Application: AVA failed" | sort Date

View solution in original post

0 Karma

markthompson
Builder

Try sorting by the DAY not the DATE, what this is doing is restructuring the 'transaction' hence it being in the wrong order for you.

0 Karma

Explorer

These are three events. Each event gives two things the start text and the failed text.

For this result i have used the following query

sourcetype=test| transaction startswith="Application: AVA started" AND endswith="Application: AVA failed" | sort Date

0 Karma

somesoni2
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

You're getting 6 events in total (in your example) or 3 events only? Also, could you post your search query?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...