Getting Data In

set year to timestamp

sarit_s
Communicator

Hello

I'm getting logs from my customer and the timestamp there is day and month without year.
that case causes splunk to index the events with future dates
example:

12/31/20 11:59:59.000 PM Dec 31 23:59:59 csm kerne

how can i modify the date before indexing so i will see the correct timestamp ?

thanks

0 Karma

to4kawa
Ultra Champion

DATETIME_CONFIG = none at props.conf, and EXTRACT timestamp field and TRANSFORMS
make appropriate timestamp by INGEST_EVAL

0 Karma

PavelP
Motivator

Hello @sarit_s ,

actually 12/31/20 looks like a date (31 Dec 2020), just wrong one. I'd try to solve it on the log source side if possible.

0 Karma

sarit_s
Communicator

Hey
thanks for your answer

i cannot do anything with the source since it is third party costumer and he will not do any changes in the logs..

the year is the only wrong part

the link you sent me is not relevant since i don't have any part of the year and there it is pointing of situations with two digits of the year

there is no timestamp configuration in the sourcetype so i guess it is the default

thanks

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Updated Team Landing Page in Splunk Observability

We’re making some changes to the team landing page in Splunk Observability, based on your feedback. The ...

New! Splunk Observability Search Enhancements for Splunk APM Services/Traces and ...

Regardless of where you are in Splunk Observability, you can search for relevant APM targets including service ...

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...