Getting Data In

remove source

illuminato8

I added a CSV file (sample1.csv) through "Upload files from my computer" (My host is DESKTOP-7FST5G). I did different search queries with it.
After some time I added second CSV file (sample2.csv)
If I do search now (eg index="main" ) it queries sample1.csv and sample2.csv at the same time. But I want only work with sample2.csv.
I tried to find a solution, but I found only one way:
host=DESKTOP-7FST5G | delete
But this query removes both sample1.csv and sample2.csv.
Can I specify for removal only sample1.csv?

0 Karma

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

As @sduff said, the easiest/best way is to use the source field, but you can also use the _time field (with earliest= latest=) and the _indextime field (with _index_earliest= _index_latest=).

0 Karma

sduff_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

You can use the source field to be able to distinguish between the 2 sets of data.

If you do host=DESKTOP-7FST5G source="*sample1.csv", check that this returns only your first sample's data. If that true, then you can delete just sample1's data with host=DESKTOP-7FST5G source="*sample1.csv" | delete

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...