Getting Data In

no data being ingested

zubairaizatron
Explorer

hi so im having a problem

I ingested data(and i receive the successful page) but whenever i search for data the index shows up empty/there are no events
i already checked the license and im good with licensing. I have a developer licensing. I check the monitoring console and it shows that i did not use any license at all.
So its very weird because i am getting a successful ingested message but then the index is empty and the monitoring console says i did not ingest anything.
Any suggestions as to what the problem could be

Tags (1)
0 Karma

mguhad
Communicator

Hi ,

This is a very common issue, that is captured in the documentation as well. please visit this page of the documentation as they walk you through possible solutions/clues:

https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/8.0.3/Troubleshooting/Cantfinddata

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...