Getting Data In

json extract field

surekhasplunk
Communicator

i have one event entry like this indexed using props.conf entry like below. 

But this is not coming in json format its indexing only in raw format not sure why. Also because of that the column names ID, Name etc are not extracted automatically. 

[{'ID': 123, 'Name': 'hostname', 'SetupComplete': True, 'Plugin': 'someplugin', 'PluginName': 'someplugin', 'DomainName': 'something', 'DomainEmail': '', 'dontknow': '', 'Address': '1.2.3.4', 'BackupIntervalString': 'Manual', 'LastBackupString': 'Never (1 uploaded)', 'LastBackupAttemptString': 'Never', 'NextBackupString': '', 'Protocol': 'scp', 'Location': '', 'BaselineState': 'N/A', 'LastBackupCompliant': False, 'LastBackupCompliantString': 'N/A', 'ComplianceScore': -1, 'RetryInterval': 45, 'NumRetries': 0, 'KeepVersions': 0, 'Owner': 'someone@something.com', 'State': 'Idle', 'Uptime': 'Not monitored', 'BackupStatus': 'OK', 'BackupDU': '100MB', 'Manufacturer': 'dontknow', 'Model': 'dontknow', 'AssetID': '', 'Serial': '', 'Firmware': '', 'ApprovedBackups': 0, 'CurrentApproved': False, 'NumBackups': 1, 'Disabled': 'No', 'DomainDisabled': False, 'ApprovedState': 'good', 'IsPush': False, 'Updated': '0001-01-01T00:00:00Z'},

Can you please help here. 

[example_json]
CHARSET = UTF-8
DATETIME_CONFIG = CURRENT
KV_MODE = json
TRUNCATE = 0
SEDCMD-removejunk1 = s/^\[//g
LINE_BREAKER = ([\r\n,]*(?:{[^[{]+\[)?){'ID
SHOULD_LINEMERGE = false
SEDCMD-remove_end = s/]$//g
NO_BINARY_CHECK = true
disabled = false
pulldown_type = true

please tell me if i need to modify the props.conf entry or please help me with the extraction of fields. 

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

to4kawa
Ultra Champion

LINE_BREAKER=(.){'ID
SEDCMD-trim=s/'/"/g s/True/true/g s/False/false/g s/\]//

Splunk can't parse '(single quote). 
Also, you should modify to valid JSON.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

to4kawa
Ultra Champion

LINE_BREAKER=(.){'ID
SEDCMD-trim=s/'/"/g s/True/true/g s/False/false/g s/\]//

Splunk can't parse '(single quote). 
Also, you should modify to valid JSON.

0 Karma

surekhasplunk
Communicator

Thanks @to4kawa 

I tried this and i get only 1 event indexed like json, the 1st event and next all events are like raw events i think because ] is missing at the end ?

0 Karma

to4kawa
Ultra Champion

sorry, I can see only one event. where is the others?

0 Karma

surekhasplunk
Communicator

thanks i got it. i have to manually add ] before ID and then it works. Thanks and i modified to have double quotes instead of single .

Also can you please explain why to substitute True to true and False to false ?

0 Karma

to4kawa
Ultra Champion

https://www.json.org/json-en.html

This is the first time I've heard of it.

"(double quote)
true / false(lower)

`(single qute) and True/False is not valid.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...