Getting Data In

inputlookup question, can't find answer anywhere

jonbalderston
Explorer

I have a lookup which works, it's not matched to a field, it has to search in the raw event.

[|inputlookup MyFile.csv| fields column_name| rename column_name as search | format]

This finds all results with names in MyFile.csv and highlights in results.

I want to output to a table with the result (what the match was from the CSV file). i.e.
time,StringFound, etc

I can do table, etc with everything else in event, just not what was matched from MyFile.csv

Tags (2)
1 Solution

jpass
Contributor

This will do the trick. I can't remember where I got it or who helped me put it together but it works...

• This assumes your lookup table has a single field called 'phrase'.
  • For example, if you want to search for any reference to a list of IPs
  • A column called 'hit' is created
  • If your events have a unique key (like a primary key) you can at a 'transaction primarykey' to group all events that contain multiple 'hits'

index=yourindex [| inputlookup MyFile.csv | rename phrase as search | fields search | format] | eval rawText= _raw | eval hit=[| inputlookup MyFile.csv | stats values(phrase) as query | eval query=mvjoin(query,",") | fields query | eval query = "\"".query."\""] | eval hit=split(hit,",") | mvexpand hit | eval hit=lower(hit) | eval rawText=lower(rawText) | where like(rawText,"%"+hit+"%") | TABLE *

View solution in original post

jpass
Contributor

This will do the trick. I can't remember where I got it or who helped me put it together but it works...

• This assumes your lookup table has a single field called 'phrase'.
  • For example, if you want to search for any reference to a list of IPs
  • A column called 'hit' is created
  • If your events have a unique key (like a primary key) you can at a 'transaction primarykey' to group all events that contain multiple 'hits'

index=yourindex [| inputlookup MyFile.csv | rename phrase as search | fields search | format] | eval rawText= _raw | eval hit=[| inputlookup MyFile.csv | stats values(phrase) as query | eval query=mvjoin(query,",") | fields query | eval query = "\"".query."\""] | eval hit=split(hit,",") | mvexpand hit | eval hit=lower(hit) | eval rawText=lower(rawText) | where like(rawText,"%"+hit+"%") | TABLE *

jpass
Contributor

sure no problem. Glad I could help someone as opposed to getting help from others.

0 Karma

jonbalderston
Explorer

It works! I had to change """.query.""" to "".query."" though, otherwise it returns an error. Thanks!!!

0 Karma

HiroshiSatoh
Champion

I think to be able to answer if there is a sample of the data and of the entire search statement.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...