Getting Data In

increasing maxKBPS for only one splunk forwarder host

kannu
Communicator

Hi Splunkers ,

I am getting this splunkd log entry in only one splunk forwarder .

05-09-2018 08:11:39.579 +0000 INFO ThruputProcessor - Current data throughput (258 kb/s) has reached maxKBps. As a result, data forwarding may be throttled. Consider increasing the value of maxKBps in limits.conf.

Please let me know how to solve this only for particular splunk forwarder . For doing only for one splunk forwarder can i mention the below entry in splunk forwarder for which i want or do i need to mention that in indexer (but how to mention that in indexer only for one splunk forwarder host not for all)

[thruput]
# means unlimited
maxKBps = 0

0 Karma
1 Solution

FrankVl
Ultra Champion

You configure that limit in the limits.conf on the respective forwarder, not the indexer.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

FrankVl
Ultra Champion

You configure that limit in the limits.conf on the respective forwarder, not the indexer.

0 Karma

cpetterborg
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

If you only want it on ONE forwarder, be sure to put it in a local/limits.conf file, to have the deployment server send the configuration to only the forwarder that you want.

0 Karma

ddrillic
Ultra Champion

Please be careful with opening it up. The forwarder might not be stable. You probably should check first the indexing latency for the past week or so, and determine if you truly have a problem...

0 Karma

xpac
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

This is also only a problem if it happens constantly. If you only have it happen a few times, it might just be fluctuation in data input.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...