Getting Data In

how to define persistent queues path?

fernandoandre
Communicator

I'm using persistent queues in a Heavy Forwarder (like this) with Splunk 4.3.x

I was searching on how to define the path where the persistent queue file is saved and I found this
(http://wiki.splunk.com/Community:Best_Practice_For_Configuring_Syslog_Input) which seems to be from August2011. However the latest versions of outputs.conf don't have any reference to the attribute "persistentQueuePath". It seems it was deprecated (?) and removed. The attribute that still exists is "maxQueueSize" that can define the size of the queue.

Does anyone knows how to define the path where Splunk saves the persistent queue? Have anyone tried this feature?

Thank you

dshakespeare_sp
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

persistentQueuePath is not used in Splunk 4.2.x
Only the persistentQueueSize can be changed.

The location is hardcoded to

$SPLUNK_HOME/splunk/var/run/splunk/??pin/pq_

eg
TCP:2012 = /opt/splunk4/splunk/var/run/splunk/tcppin/pq_2012
UDP:2012 = /opt/splunk4/splunk/var/run/splunk/udpin/pq_2012

Hope this helps

0 Karma

fernandoandre
Communicator

Can anyone (from Splunk maybe?) confirm that this feature is deprecated or still usable?

0 Karma

fernandoandre
Communicator

I realize that according to this (http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/latest/Data/Usepersistentqueues) persistent queues from Splunk 4.2 are configured on inputs.conf and not on outputs.conf. However, in the latest inputs.conf there is still no attribute to define the path of the persistent queue. Only "persistentQueueSize". Are the others deprecated? Can I use "persistentQueuePath" with confidence?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...