Getting Data In

files on mapped network drives do not load for monitoring

rcrolley
Engager

I have a new windows installation of splunk and can get local files to load, but files on mapped network drives do not load for monitoring. In fact the file counter does not even show that the files exist. When I create the path for the files to be monitored if I use Z;\path\file, I get an error at the top of the splunk web page, but if I use \hostname\path\file as the path I don't get an erroe but it does not load the file. I can read the files from windows wihtout any problem.

Any help appreciated,

Tags (1)

shankarcv
Explorer

hello .. did you ever find a solution to this problem. I am running into the same exact issue as well

0 Karma

Brian_Osburn
Builder
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...