Getting Data In

Windows Universal Forwarder Log On As A Service error

rmero

Hi all, I am setting up the Universal Forwarder for Windows 2008 and deploying it using a batch file. I am getting hung up during the install as the service account I am trying to use does not have the logon as a service configured (it's a domain admin account btw). I have found that if I go into the machines Local Security Policy -> User Rights Assignment -> Log on as a service setting and add the account there and then run the script it installs perfectly. Is this normal or can I run a script to add this service account to the Log on as a service setting before my script runs the setup?

Thanks!

Tags (1)
0 Karma

gkanapathy
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

This is very difficult. The preferred way to set Windows User Rights in a domain is to set it using a Group Policy. It is probably possible to script this, but it will be rather complex.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...