Getting Data In

Windows: How to correct possible typo in stanza

mad4wknds
Path Finder

I just installed Windows v5.0.2 I have an error on restart from the command line. "Possible typo in stanza [ui] in %Splunk\ect\apps\windows\default\app.conf Line 14 docs_section_override = WindowsApp:5.0.2. I was able to clear the error by removing the attribute pretty sure that is not the right answer.

Tags (3)
0 Karma
1 Solution

gkanapathy
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Well, you can either have the warning, or you can delete that attribute. The attribute is for a newer version of Splunk, one that isn't known in 5.0.2. (Which is why it's generating the warning.) So it's safe to either ignore the warning, or to remove the attribute.

View solution in original post

gkanapathy
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Well, you can either have the warning, or you can delete that attribute. The attribute is for a newer version of Splunk, one that isn't known in 5.0.2. (Which is why it's generating the warning.) So it's safe to either ignore the warning, or to remove the attribute.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...