Getting Data In

Will running command ./splunk splunkd-port 8089 on Windows server with UF change the UF port to 8089?

Sarmbrister
Path Finder

I currently am having issues collect logs from a windows server that has the UF. I think the issue might be that the port is incorrectly configured on the UF to talk with 9997 instead of 8089. If I run the command ./splunk splunkd-port 8089 will that change the UF's port from 9997 to 8089?

0 Karma
1 Solution

Sarmbrister
Path Finder

After talking with a Splunk engineer he was able to answer my question that the ./splunk splunkd-port 8089 will change the port number for the UF to the Deployment server. I was also able to find some great documentation on another Splunk question for any other users who might be having issues with Port information!alt text Hope this helps anyone else.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

Sarmbrister
Path Finder

After talking with a Splunk engineer he was able to answer my question that the ./splunk splunkd-port 8089 will change the port number for the UF to the Deployment server. I was also able to find some great documentation on another Splunk question for any other users who might be having issues with Port information!alt text Hope this helps anyone else.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...