Getting Data In

Will running command ./splunk splunkd-port 8089 on Windows server with UF change the UF port to 8089?

Sarmbrister
Path Finder

I currently am having issues collect logs from a windows server that has the UF. I think the issue might be that the port is incorrectly configured on the UF to talk with 9997 instead of 8089. If I run the command ./splunk splunkd-port 8089 will that change the UF's port from 9997 to 8089?

0 Karma
1 Solution

Sarmbrister
Path Finder

After talking with a Splunk engineer he was able to answer my question that the ./splunk splunkd-port 8089 will change the port number for the UF to the Deployment server. I was also able to find some great documentation on another Splunk question for any other users who might be having issues with Port information!alt text Hope this helps anyone else.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

Sarmbrister
Path Finder

After talking with a Splunk engineer he was able to answer my question that the ./splunk splunkd-port 8089 will change the port number for the UF to the Deployment server. I was also able to find some great documentation on another Splunk question for any other users who might be having issues with Port information!alt text Hope this helps anyone else.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Updated Team Landing Page in Splunk Observability

We’re making some changes to the team landing page in Splunk Observability, based on your feedback. The ...

New! Splunk Observability Search Enhancements for Splunk APM Services/Traces and ...

Regardless of where you are in Splunk Observability, you can search for relevant APM targets including service ...

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...