Getting Data In

Why is my Azure Event Hub not sending data?

omuelle1
Communicator

Good morning,

I am having an issue on-boarding our main Eventhub into the Splunk Add-On for Cloud Services (latest version).

I have setup the inputs just like my other Eventhub but it is not sending data:

Below is the setup:

omuelle1_0-1680618816991.png

This is error I find in the logs:

logger=azure.eventhub._eventprocessor.event_processor pos=event_processor.py:_load_balancing:286 | EventProcessor instance '#####' of eventhub '#######' consumer group '$Default'. An error occurred while load-balancing and claiming ownership. The exception is AssertionError(). Retrying after 60s

I have a case open with MS and Splunk but no help so far.

Oliver

Labels (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

omuelle1
Communicator

Figured out the issue with Splunk Support - the Splunk Add-On for Cloud Services supports a max of 64 partitions. We had 100, once we reduced to 64 the error message disappeared and the data started coming in.

View solution in original post

omuelle1
Communicator

Figured out the issue with Splunk Support - the Splunk Add-On for Cloud Services supports a max of 64 partitions. We had 100, once we reduced to 64 the error message disappeared and the data started coming in.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...