Getting Data In

Why do the results exported to CSV not match total number of events?

lohitkidu
Path Finder

Hi ,

I have a search without any statistic/transformation command like index=abc earliest=-7d. I am getting following information on events:
1. Total Events:689 (in timeline and eventCount in Job Inspector)
2. Events in "Events Section": If I navigate through all pages then there are total of 657 events and eventAvailableCount in Job Inspector.
3. If I export results to CSV then there are only 650 rows.

I get that if I do not use statistic/transformation command, then difference in point 1 and point 2 is valid. But the field in eventAvailableCount in the Job inspector shows the events available for export which should be 657. However, when I export results to CSV, only 650 rows are exporting?

Any idea why is this happening?

0 Karma

javiergn
Super Champion

If you run the same search but specifying an end time, such as:

index=abc earliest=-7d latest=-1h@h

Does it still happen?

0 Karma

lohitkidu
Path Finder

Yes it is still happening. after adding latest=-1h@h to the search i got the following
1. events on Timeline: 422
2. Events on "Events Section" : 384
3. CSV results: 387

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...