Getting Data In

Why am I seeing a mismatch between Key-Value and Count after ingesting JSON data?

satishsdange
Builder

I have ingested JSON data & Splunk has extracted important fields automatically, but I see some mismatch between Key-Value & Count. There are many such fields with mismatch in count.

As per my screenshot for a single event, "Count" should be 1 instead of 2. Could someone advise me how to fix this problem.
(i don't see any problem with host, source, sourcetype)
props.conf

[json]
KV_MODE = json
INDEXED_EXTRACTIONS = JSON
TRUNCATE = 0
TIME_PREFIX = startTime":
MAX_TIMESTAMP_LOOKAHEAD = 16
SHOULD_LINEMERGE = False
NO_BINARY_CHECK = 0

alt text

0 Karma
1 Solution

martin_mueller
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Set KV_MODE = none and your issue should go away.

View solution in original post

martin_mueller
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Set KV_MODE = none and your issue should go away.

satishsdange
Builder

Here is an event. Important fields have been extracted by Splunk. e.g corCallHeader.firstCellId=1.
Then I have used Alias to change it to Cell_ID.

{"corCallHeader":{"traceId":123456789123456,"startTime":1395736409790,"stopTime":1395736414180,"callDuration":4390,"rnti":0,"imsi":48,"tmsi":962442424,"

P.S - deleting original log

0 Karma

martin_mueller
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I'd say your event contains two Call_Drop values.

If not, you could post anonymized events.

0 Karma

somesoni2
Revered Legend

Can you post some sample entries?

0 Karma

satishsdange
Builder

Unfortunately, I can't share that data. Would you like to see any config?

0 Karma

somesoni2
Revered Legend

If you can mask all the sensitive data, that should do. I'm interested in seeing the format of jSON with the mentioned field. On cursory look, the configuration looks correct. One question though, is this a custom sourcetype? and if yes, could you try renaming it to something else?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...