Getting Data In

Why am I getting "Service 'splknetdrv' could not be stopped! Error = 1062" in splunkd.log after restarting Windows universal forwarder?

dlpco
Path Finder

I am finding the following error in the splunkd.log of the forwarder running on a Windows machine after restarting the forwarder:

10-02-2014 16:57:49.603 -0700 ERROR ExecProcessor - message from "D:\SplunkUniversalForwarder\bin\splunk-netmon.exe" splunk-netmon - NetmonStopDriver - Service 'splknetdrv' could not be stopped!  Error = 1062

rovechkin
Explorer

this can happen is the driver was busy processing network packets. Eventually it will be shut down by Windows SCM. Let me know if this is persistent issue.

0 Karma

dstaulcu
Builder

I get this problem too.. on many servers.. some very busy, some not-so-busy

0 Karma

rovechkin
Explorer

Thanks for reporting! We will take a look at the issue, whoever it is probably benign - the driver might be just a bit busy and will eventually be shut down.

0 Karma

dlpco
Path Finder

Sorry - the backslashs in the path were stripped out for some reason.

0 Karma

musskopf
Builder

Did you find a solution? I'm trying to enable netmon over here and getting the same error... my Splunk UNF is 6.1.1

dlpco
Path Finder

I never did get an answer, I updated to 6.2.1 and installed the indexer on LINUX and issue was not encountered again.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...