Getting Data In

What is the maximum value for maxQueueSize that can be used in outputs.conf for Splunk version 6.6.0?

nehabhuti

I'm migrating my Splunk Instance from an outdated OS. I want to increase the buffer size for my Splunk forwarder so that it can withstand all the logs when the receiver/ Indexer is down. We are using Splunk version 6.6.0, I'm unable to find relevant documentation for referring to the configuration file changes.

Labels (2)
0 Karma

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi

as @richgalloway said most of parameters are still in use. Just look version 7.0.0 to get the nearest docs. You found those settings at least server and inputs conf files. If/when you are talking about intermediate forwarders you should ensure that you are using also persistent disk queues and not only memory based. Otherwise you lost events if nodes or services goes down before indexers are up.

r. Ismo

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

That setting probably has not changed over the years since 6.6.0.  The docs don't specify a maximum value so it may be limited only by the amount of memory available on your server.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge!

Welcome to Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...

Get the T-shirt to Prove You Survived Splunk University Bootcamp

As if Splunk University, in Las Vegas, in-person, with three days of bootcamps and labs weren’t enough, now ...

Wondering How to Build Resiliency in the Cloud?

IT leaders are choosing Splunk Cloud as an ideal cloud transformation platform to drive business resilience,  ...