Getting Data In

What is the equivilant method of Input lookup using Splunk 6.3 SDK Javascript API

theoborrero
Explorer

Hi ,

I am creating a new dashboard in html and javascript , I have not downloaded the Splunk 6.3 SDK JavaScript yet.

I have two question , how do I connect to my Splunk .csv files using Java script in Splunk 6.3?

Do I need to download the Splunk SDK JavaScript API library to accomplishd this Splunk 6.3 ?

Tags (2)
0 Karma

jplumsdaine22
Influencer

Oh I see you want to perofrm input lookups from javascript.

Have you run through the custom viz tutorial http://dev.splunk.com/view/SP-CAAAEQ8 ?

There should be some info there.

jplumsdaine22
Influencer

@theoborreo don't forget if the answer was useful please "accept" by clicking the accept button next to "award points" above this comment

0 Karma

jplumsdaine22
Influencer

Hi What do you mean by splunk .csv files?

0 Karma

theoborrero
Explorer

The excel csv files , where splunk stores field values in from saved searches in Splunk.
Example ; xvz.csv

Below is how we are currently pulling these index values from the .csv (using xml) but I would like to pull those same index fields from that same .csv file using javascript in Splunk

<param name="search"><![CDATA[

| inputlookup xvz.csv | fillnull value=* | fields Index, sourcetype, env, jvm_name]]>

1. dedup sourcetype | sort sourcetype dropBox 6
  2. sourcetype sourcetype sourcetype=$value$ Sourcetype
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...