Getting Data In

What configurations would be made to inputs.conf in order to have the same log file be monitored on all my servers?

Explorer

I have 64 servers and I need to monitor the same log file on all the 64 servers. What would be the inputs.conf file configuration for this setup or any solution for this kind of requirement?

0 Karma

Path Finder

From my understanding and assuming the file is in the same location, inputs.conf does not need any special treatment. I presume you're using a deployment server so you'll want to create an app containing the inputs.conf, define a serverclass for the 64 machines, then add a stanza to push that app to the defined serverclass.

0 Karma

Explorer

can u give me the rough example of each file

0 Karma

Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

@kranthimutyala - Did the answer provided by paulstout help provide a working solution to your question? If yes, please don't forget to resolve this post by clicking "Accept". If no, please leave a comment with more feedback. Thanks!

0 Karma

Path Finder

This documentation page covers everything you need (in far more depth than I could rattle off): http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/6.5.2/Updating/Aboutdeploymentserver

0 Karma
Don’t Miss Global Splunk
User Groups Week!

Free LIVE events worldwide 2/8-2/12
Connect, learn, and collect rad prizes
and swag!