Getting Data In

What causes the Login Screen to respond with "Warning: The time on the server differs significantly from this machine..."

sgrey007

I see that it is a response to a Cookie check (code here: http://answers.splunk.com/answers/46756/command-line-search-from-remote-host-with-no-splunk-products...), however user is logging in from desktop with same time as search-head. Was not able to see anything in the logs either. Has anyone seen this issue before, and what does it mean?

Tags (2)
0 Karma

landen99
Motivator

After verifying the time on the server and client, one solution is to refresh the webpage so that it can present you with the option to bypass/accept the SSL certificate in cases where a warning may be present.

0 Karma

splnsuman
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I just figured out, turns out the time on the linux vm is a day off from desktop date-time, the search-head is installed on linux vm, once I set the correct date-time on linux vm, there is no warning.. hope this helps someone.

Bringing ROI and Customer Success obsessed for your Splunk Investments.
0 Karma

reed_kelly
Contributor

We also saw this with a Splunk 6.2.3 search head. It only happened once so far, and the person didn't see it again after a browser restart.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...