Getting Data In

What are best practices when the timestamp is an integer?

splunker-0625
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hi experts,

have .CSV file that timestamp is quite a simple integer and its incremental like 1,2,3,,,, 

I want to know how to convert the time column(1,2,3,4,,,,) to any time format that would begin from Jan 1st, 2023 for example.

Does anyone have a great idea for it in props.conf?

Time AAA BBB CCC DDD
1 1073 29.9360008 121.446498 75
2 1074 29.9360008 121.600296 75
3 1078 29.9360008 122.417319 75
Labels (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

PickleRick
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

What would that number mean?

Either use appropriate format like just %d to let splunk assume rest of the fields by default (I'm not too sure though that it will work good across month's end; I think you could be ingesting events with the wrong month) or ingest this field raw and then use INGEST_EVAL to calculate a resulting date.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

PickleRick
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

What would that number mean?

Either use appropriate format like just %d to let splunk assume rest of the fields by default (I'm not too sure though that it will work good across month's end; I think you could be ingesting events with the wrong month) or ingest this field raw and then use INGEST_EVAL to calculate a resulting date.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...