Getting Data In

WMI infor in Forwarder

wys2010

I have added about 40 winservers through WMI on a forwarder and found that there is only 30 servers on the list. Does anybody meet the problem before? And can there be a solution ?

Tags (1)
0 Karma

Lowell
Super Champion

I believe this is a common issue when doing WMI remotely. If I'm not mistaken, the solution is to poll less servers. If you had two splunk instances polling, you could have each connecting to just to 20 servers and that may work fine. At least under normal load conditions.

Setting up forwarders on all 40 servers I think is the most robust solution. That way you can collect all the data locally, and windows event logs can be loaded using the WinEventLog interface instead of WMI, which is better.

Related question:

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...