Getting Data In

WARN LineBreakingProcessor

jadengoho
Builder

Hi All, 
I have a log with 3 event inside of it, ( you can see it on the screenshot, I paste the sample logs here : https://regex101.com/r/EvmMeR/1

• 1st Event -  Short event 
  • 2nd Event - Short event and multi-line
  • 3rd Event - VERY LONG and multi-line, need to be dropped as per the client.

jadengoho_0-1637740603378.png

I manage to DROP the 3rd event by finding the LOGS that are greater than 2000 characters.

The problem is , I dropped the event but Splunk still raise the issue:
11-24-2021 08:02:57.049 +0000 WARN LineBreakingProcessor [6453 parsing] - Truncating line because limit of 2000 bytes has been exceeded with a line length >= 55179 - data_source="SAMPLETOSHARE.txt", data_host="5bfd55dbdcdd", data_sourcetype="sample"

jadengoho_1-1637740993087.png

Is there a way to stop splunk from flagging issue for those logs that  was dropped ? 

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Line breaking happens before any transforms that might discard events so the log message has already been written by the time the event is dropped.  There's no way to avoid that, except by using a third-party tool like Cribl to discard events before they reach the indexer.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Line breaking happens before any transforms that might discard events so the log message has already been written by the time the event is dropped.  There's no way to avoid that, except by using a third-party tool like Cribl to discard events before they reach the indexer.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma

jadengoho
Builder

Thanks @richgalloway 

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...