Getting Data In

Unable to login for the second time (Windows local machine)

YvetteTeoRP
Engager

I have problems logging in to Splunk enterprise free version after the first login. I have tried the 'admin' and 'changeme' but it didn't work and then later found out the password was supposed to be the password I entered during the setup and the user is 'admin' and I was able to log in the first time. Afterward, when I log in another day using the same credentials, it showed invalid user and password. I have tried moving/renaming the passwd file but it still didn't work as stated by other users but nothing seems to work for me. I'm using Windows 10 and most answers are for Linux it seems. Are there any other ways other than reinstalling Splunk?

0 Karma
1 Solution

YvetteTeoRP
Engager

Yeap I'm very sure. Though after I have uninstalled and re-installed it again, it seems to be working fine now.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

YvetteTeoRP
Engager

Yeap I'm very sure. Though after I have uninstalled and re-installed it again, it seems to be working fine now.

0 Karma

niketn
Legend

@YvetteTeoRP, I have converted your comment to answer. Please accept to mark this question as answered and help others facing similar issue.

p_gurav
Champion

Can you checked in _internal logs? Is there any error? And also try stop splunk service, backup passwd file and then restart splunk service.

0 Karma

MuS
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Are you sure you are on Splunk Free? I ask because Splunk Free has no authentication http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/latest/Admin/MoreaboutSplunkFree?r=searchtip#What_is_inc...

cheers, MuS

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...