Getting Data In

Try and add Monitoring to folder - get error "In Handler monitor cannor perform action "Post" without a target name to act on"

insaneteddie
Path Finder

Hi guys,
bit of a splunk newbie here, but muddling my way along with all the great articles on here.

Im having an issue where I want to set up monitoring on a folder in C:\Program Files\Test\App\Master\Logs using the cmd line, command of splunk add monitor -C:\Program Files\Test\App\Master\Logs
I get the error message:
In Handler monitor cannor perform action "Post" without a target name to act on.

I managed to add monitoring to another folder on the 😧 drive no problem just before this.
Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks
Steve

0 Karma
1 Solution

insaneteddie
Path Finder

I figured out my issue, or at least where I was being stupid,
I needed to put the the path inside " " to deal with the space in Program Files.
Thanks

View solution in original post

0 Karma

insaneteddie
Path Finder

I figured out my issue, or at least where I was being stupid,
I needed to put the the path inside " " to deal with the space in Program Files.
Thanks

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...

Introducing Splunk Enterprise 9.2

WATCH HERE! Watch this Tech Talk to learn about the latest features and enhancements shipped in the new Splunk ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...