Getting Data In

Time stamp configuration in props.conf

aalhabbash1
Path Finder

Hi Splunker;

How can set (TIME_PREFIX, TIME_FORMAT, and MAX_TIMESTAMP_LOOKAHEAD) in props.conf if there change of timestamp location in each events?

you can see the sample logs in the attachment about my different time stamp event, show different locations for each event, how can set that?

][1]

Please help me in that.

BR;

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

rmjharris
Path Finder

The examples you posted look like you could trust Splunk to find the timestamps automatically. However, if you want to do it manually then you are going to need to create a xml file with the various timestamps and reference it in props.conf.

[mysourcetype]
DATETIME_CONFIG = /etc/system/local/custom_datetime.xml

Documentation

View solution in original post

rmjharris
Path Finder

The examples you posted look like you could trust Splunk to find the timestamps automatically. However, if you want to do it manually then you are going to need to create a xml file with the various timestamps and reference it in props.conf.

[mysourcetype]
DATETIME_CONFIG = /etc/system/local/custom_datetime.xml

Documentation

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

Splunk is officially part of Cisco

Revolutionizing how our customers build resilience across their entire digital footprint.   Splunk ...

Splunk APM & RUM | Planned Maintenance March 26 - March 28, 2024

There will be planned maintenance for Splunk APM and RUM between March 26, 2024 and March 28, 2024 as ...