Getting Data In

Successful dormant user logins

saurabh_tek
Communicator

hello I am trying to write a query for Successful dormant user logins
whereas the user has successfully logged in today but in last 30 days there was no activity done by this same user.

Here is my query - (which needs refinement)

index=wineventlog EventCode=4624 user!="$" earliest= @d latest = now()| transaction user [search EventCode!=4624 user!="$" earliest=-2d latest=@d] | table _time, user

if anyone can help in getting this refined and do what is needed, that would be great help.

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Perhaps this will help. The idea is to look at the last 30 days of successful logins and find the users that have signed in only once and that login was today.

index=wineventlog EventCode=4624 user!="$" earliest= -30d@d | stats count(_time) as Logins latest(_time) as LastLogin by user | where Logins=1 AND LastLogin>relative_time(now(),"@d") | ...
---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma

saurabh_tek
Communicator

Thanks for prompt support.
With earliest 30 days, it takes way too much time and showing lot of users with 1 logins, i dont think these many users accessing their dormant a/cs in our environment.

0 Karma

saurabh_tek
Communicator

okay. I have optimized it a little bit apparently ..

index=wineventlog EventCode=4624 user!=\"$\" earliest= @d latest = now() | transaction user maxspan=60d search (EventCode!=)

looking for more suggestions.. to get this working what is intended

0 Karma

saurabh_tek
Communicator

okay. I have optimized it a little bit apparently ..

index=wineventlog EventCode=4624 user!="$" earliest= @d latest = now() | transaction user maxspan=60d search (EventCode!=)

looking for more suggestions.. to get this working what is intended

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...