Getting Data In

SplunkForwarder Version on Windows

OldManEd
Builder

Quick question here. We have the SplunkForwarder installed on a couple of Windows servers and need to know what version it is. Unfortunately, the servers have multiple msi files so we can't do it that way. Simple question, how do I determine what version of SplunkForwarder is installed and running?

Tags (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

aweitzman
Motivator

From the command line:

cd \Program Files\SplunkUniversalForwarder\bin
.\splunk version

View solution in original post

0 Karma

aweitzman
Motivator

From the command line:

cd \Program Files\SplunkUniversalForwarder\bin
.\splunk version

0 Karma

OldManEd
Builder

Yup, The README-splunk.txt file had the information. Thanks.

aweitzman
Motivator

In my install there's a "README-splunk.txt" at the top level of the SplunkUniversalForwarder directory. That file mentions the version in its text.

0 Karma

OldManEd
Builder

But Size is 338 KB.

0 Karma

OldManEd
Builder

Sorry, Product version is blank also.

0 Karma

aweitzman
Motivator

What about "Product version," or is that not there?

0 Karma

OldManEd
Builder

Well that was interesting. The splunk.exe Properties comes back and under Details, next to "File version" it's blank.

0 Karma

aweitzman
Motivator

When I do this, the output goes in the same window. Have you tried opening up the command prompt by right-clicking on it and choosing "Run as Administrator"?

Alternatively, you can just look at the file properties of splunk.exe in that directory and look at "Product version" under the "Details" tab. That'll give you the same info.

0 Karma

OldManEd
Builder

aweitzman,

I tried this bit it just pops up a window but doesn't stay around long enough to read anything. Is there a file I can browse?

~Ed

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...